Digital Senior Consultant – Global Impact
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organisations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with major foundations, NGOs, philanthropists and purpose-led businesses.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile individuals and some of the most exciting organisations in sustainable development.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
In this senior role, you will lead project teams and provide high-level counsel to clients.
You will help drive the growth of the practice and support the management and development of the team.
As a digital senior consultant, you will lead on developing digital and social media strategies on a global scale. You will have a key role in using your digital expertise to provide strategic advice to our clients and to develop the skills and creativity of our team in that area.
The role is based in our London office with the opportunity for regular international travel.
- Marketing the unit’s digital expertise within the broader “Global Impact” offer.
- Generating “digital first” new business leads and organic growth from the unit’s existing clients.
- Creating digital strategies and action plans based on compelling content, as part of integrated communications campaigns.
- Creating holistic communications programmes integrating digital, media relations and stakeholder engagement on a global scale.
- Providing strategic digital counsel to senior clients on digital strategies, content development and activation plans.
- Managing teams and developing a high-performance culture, leading by example and mentoring junior team members.
- Being a digital evangelist, bolstering the whole team’s digital culture and creativity; mentoring an internal network of digital experts.
- Working closely with our in-house digital and content development team.
- Networking and thought leadership to raise the profile of Portland.
- Working as part of a cohesive senior management group.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in digital communications at a senior level within government, agency or in-house.
- Have excellent problem-solving capabilities with a strong point of view on the industry.
- Have a solid mix of media, digital and political/policy capabilities.
- Have a demonstrable experience in delivering complex digital projects and campaigns integrating paid, owned, earned media.
- Have a demonstrable experience in developing high impact and compelling content.
- Have an excellent understanding of digital processes including strategy, creation, development and implementation.
- Have a demonstrable experience of managing clients or advising senior figures.
- Demonstrate success in developing strategies for business development.
- Demonstrate experience in managing major projects and bringing teams together to achieve objectives.
- Have people management and recruitment skills.
- Have commercial expertise including revenue, budgeting, servicing and capacity planning.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.