Digital Web Developer (Manchester office)
Reports to: Digital Operations Manager
Fishawack Group of Companies is a group of dynamic healthcare communications companies with offices across the UK, US and Switzerland. Fishawack has a reputation built on excellence and creativity, and bound by a common philosophy as well as a commitment to providing premium medical communications services tailored to meet our clients' individual needs. Our hand-picked team has a unique blend of scientific, marketing, and creative expertise with fresh thinking and enthusiasm. We believe that our clients' endorsement is the best testament to the success of our approach.
About the Role
We are looking for a Digital Web Developer to join our team in Knutsford, Manchester, Brighton and London. This is an exciting role working on a diverse range of digital deliveries in a fast-paced agency environment, from custom web apps to interactive booth experiences. We are a small team, but part of a large company – you will have significant influence in the department, backed-up by one of the largest independently owned companies in the Medical Communications sector.
We want someone who’s cares about user experience, functional interfaces and solving communication problems through code. You’ll help to design and develop great looking websites, beautiful-yet-functional interfaces, innovative web applications, hybrid mobile apps and more. You will be comfortable as a lone developer as well as working in a team. You can pick up an existing code base and follow documented procedures. Equally you write and document your code to industry standards. You love to build, test, automate and learn across the web development spectrum. We’ll show you our technology stack at interview.
You can plan and design the architecture of a project by identifying scope and key requirements, as well as following development guidelines on current projects. You are confident in estimating your time against set tasks. You are comfortable collaborating with employees across the entire group.
Responsibilities and Duties
We expect you to:
- Have a proven track record in development and delivery.
- Be enthusiastic about digital design, development and UX best practices.
- Be analytical, a problem solver and have good attention to detail.
- Be able to understand and assist junior and senior team members.
- Be self-motivated, positive under pressure and work with colleagues.
- Have a strong personal drive to deliver quality.
- Quick and keen to learn.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be using current web technologies and standards in your role
- JSON and XML schemas and manipulation
- Back-end or Fullstack (optional)
- At least 2 of: Craft, WordPress, Laravel, Symfony
- Extensive experience building responsive web applications
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- MVC methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Git version control
- Comfortable at being challenged to learn new technologies
We offer a creative, supportive environment where you will be able to continuously develop, you will be working on a Mac Laptop with multiple monitors, plus use of our device lab. We will support you with both in-house and online training. We offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance with great member benefits, life insurance, annual team conference ticket and free Nespresso!