Senior Sales & Marketing Manager (Travel/Digital)
We have a developing requirement for an experienced Senior Sales & Marketing Manager to join an innovative UK digital marketplace, exploiting a new approach to visitors booking tourism and travel experiences. Based in London and/or Winchester and (for a period at least) Chamonix (France), you’ll play a key role in a growing team that is responsible for delivering a multi-channel sales strategy.
Used to working as part of a team, you will need to champion visitor sales and marketing achievements at all times and have a customer-focused mindset.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager / Digital Acquisition Manager / B2C Marketing Manager to take full ownership over a sales and marketing team, and forge a strategy for a developing brand with global aspirations, capitalising on huge organic growth to date.
Reporting to the CEO you will have a key role in developing and delivering the SeeTheWorld (STW) Visitor Sales & Marketing strategy, not only to increase the number of people using our sites to research our featured destinations but also to book through our platform.
You will be expected to contribute specific expertise and experience across all aspects of sales and marketing, ensuring that the company utilises the latest developments.
Having invested heavily in our online experience we are looking for a talented individual to be responsible for delivering a ‘step change’ in the number of visitor bookings. Working alongside our commercial and IT teams you will take a lead role in specifying requirements for and managing how we interact with our visitors.
What I’ll do
You will develop, lead and execute a marketing strategy and be accountable for helping to drive up visitor website traffic, engagement, and sales across multiple channels.
- Development and delivery of the STW corporate marketing strategy through giving direction, support and advice to the content teams on maximising the benefits of their content for visitor engagement and return on investment
- Overseeing all aspects of digital marketing, keeping informed of developments in the field and utilising as appropriate
- Development and implementation of a visitor relationship management system for the STW business
- Development of a destination partner content audit and outlink strategy
- Translate our visitor sales targets, business goals and objectives into actionable and measurable digital marketing programmes and strategies
- Provide reporting and insights to several levels of the business across all digital marketing channels
- Support the planning and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns, across all channels, which deliver a strong return on investment, PPC, Paid Social, SEM, SEO, Email, CRM, CRO, Display and retargeting
- Ensure all digital activity is aligned across all platforms and consistent with the wider digital strategy and brand plan
- Ensure that marketing teams across the business are making the best use of digital channels as part of integrated marketing campaigns
- Audit existing digital marketing efforts and develop strategies and tactics for optimisation and conversion
- Manage the work of internal and agency staff to deliver marketing campaigns
- Stay up-to-date and maintain a high level of expertise in digital technologies and marketing trends
- “Hands-on” work from the outset, whilst we establish the principles...
What I’ll need to succeed
- Degree, professional equivalent qualification in Marketing or relevant experience
- OTA, tour-operator, ski or travel industry experience
- A deep understanding of all digital channels and emerging trends
- A strong understanding of SEO, PPC, content marketing and social media marketing
- A track record in developing and delivering digital marketing campaigns, from initial planning through to analysing return on investment
- As well as English, one or more additional European language abilities in French, Spanish, and/or Italian would be advantageous
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local teams to drive quality and consistency across the business
- Strong understanding of the reporting insights available through several software analytics packages such and Google Analytics
- Highly developed ability to identify requirements for, develop and apply, marketing analytics
- Commercial focus and experience in converting research findings into marketing initiatives
- Forward thinking about problem solving and identifying new opportunities
- Possess a strong visitor and commercial mind-set
- An appreciation of quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Previous management or supervisory experience
- Experience of developing marketing staff
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, managing a range of projects and fluctuating workloads
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence senior management